Thank you so much for considering commissioning a portrait by ShawnaLee! There are many options to choose from drawings to paintings ~ something for everyone! I look forward to helping you preserve great memories! Please scroll down to see the many listings; you’ll find child and family portraits after pets and horses.
Ask questions! Tell me what you like or have in mind! Send your best photos today!
The beginning of any work of art begins with an idea and a sharing of thoughts and concepts with the artist. All of ShawnaLee’s works of art are done by hand using real art materials and rendered with skills honed over a lifetime of devotion to the arts. ShawnaLee will make every effort to ensure your total satisfaction with your portrait. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down for some examples and fees:
Graphite or Charcoal Pet drawings 11×14 starting @ $300 + tax
Oil Pet Paintings 8×10 starting @$500 + tax 16×20″ starting @$2000 + tax
CHRISTMAS SPECIALS 2018: For a limited time only: MUST ORDER by NOV. 26th so that I have time to paint for you!
4×6” $175+ tax
5×7” $215+ tax
6×8” $300 + tax
Pen&Ink with Watercolor Paintings:
Homes: 11×14 $500+tax; 16×20 $1000+tax; 18×24 $1,600+tax.
Pet: 11×14 $600+tax
Charcoal: 11×14″ starting @$350+tax; 12×16 $400+tax for bridle-less vignette.
Charcoal with hints of soft pastel: 11×14″ starting @ $400+tax for bridle-less vignette.
Graphite Horse Head Drawings vignette with Bridle 11×14 $400 +tax.
Charcoal Portraits 14×11 on toned artists paper from your photos $600+tax from your photos.
Full Portrait package begins @ $900+tax (16×20 -18×14″); 14×11 Oil starting @ $2000+tax.
The full Portrait Experience is enjoyed as your portrait will be a collaboration as we explore lighting, pose and background to create a unique family heirloom for yourself or someone you love. This includes our collaboration as we explore live sketch studies to find pose and lighting; photographs for studio referencing, digital proofs for your approval & artist’s travel up to one hour from Middlebury, CT. This package offers the full experience of having a single portrait created!
The Vintage Wedding:
The Vintage Wedding: From your supplied references. Your Charcoal portrait is sure to be a conversation piece that will become a family treasure to be handed down for generations!
16×20″ starting at: $1,800 + tax.
18×24″ starting at: $2,000 + tax.
24×30″ starting at: $2,500 + tax.
For Pet/Horse Portraits: Please provide ShawnaLee at least three of your favorite photographs – of the highest quality possible – along with your ideas of what you would like! Please include a few words about the subject such as name and personality traits as this is valuable information for the artist as she works. Before beginning, ShawnaLee will give you recommendations along with a fee quote specific to your needs. Your portrait begins once a deposit has been received.
For Home Portraits: Please provide ShawnaLee with several photos of the home from your desired point of reference. Supporting photos will show details not easily seen from the main reference such as the front entry, special features, and landscaping. Of Utmost importance, please provide accurate color information.
For Children or Adults: The best portraits are created with a combination of live sketch studies, photography and your valuable insights. When this is not possible, ShawnaLee is still able to create a quality portrait for you through the use of several photographic references.
HELPFUL INFORMATION for Commissions:
- Professional Photographer’s photos: If you provide a photo from a professional photographer, ShawnaLee will need a copyright release in order to reference the photo. Thank you for respecting artist’s copyright laws!
- Limited Photos available: If you only have a limited # of photographs available, please supply the artist with as many as possible so that she can familiarize herself with the subject.
- Taking subject photos for your portrait: Choose evening hours when the lighting is soft; If indoors, please photo near a window without a flash. Get on eye level with your subject. Please look for clear eye details & your favorite expressions!
Regarding your portrait:
- Portrait Commitment: Once ShawnaLee understand your needs & has the photographic references, a deposit is required to begin your portrait. Fees do not include taxes or shipping&handling if necessary.
- Your Satisfaction: Full payment is due upon your approval of the final portrait. The artist will post a photo of the original art on her artist’s facebook page or email it directly to you for your approval. Your feedback is an important part of the portrait process and minor adjustments will be made to your specifications. Changes in reference materials constitute a new portrait agreement.
- Timing may vary from 2 weeks to several months, so please plan in advance if you have a special deadline in mind. ShawnaLee will let you know when she is beginning your piece and keep you posted to the progress. Gift Certificates are available.
- Pick up or Delivery: You may choose to pick up your portrait at the studio, or it may be shipped to you via Priority mail for an additional fee.
Artwork by ShawnaLee
- All sketches or drawings are hand-drawn on professional quality art paper with a complimentary mat, packaged in a protective sheet. All materials used are acid free.
- Paintings are hand painted (no computer printing!)** on quality stretched canvas/linen in your choice of oils or acrylics. Prices are for single subjects with neutral /soft backgrounds.
- Additional subjects, sizes, or detailed backgrounds are available; please inquire.
- *Plus CT State Tax. Photography, live sittings, travel and framing not included. Fees listed are approximate and are subject to change.
**I mention this as I have become aware of several online portrait venues that claim that they hand-paint their portraits. Please be aware that these companies are only adding paint to photo-shopped and printed works OR creating a “painting” through the use of electronic means and printing your finished piece. Please be an informed art investor and ask how your work will be created and what materials will be used.
I do my art work the old fashioned way – by hand in the timeless way with authentic artist materials!
PRINTS~ By arrangement with the artist due to availability of the original work(s) of art;
||First Printing||Additional Prints|
Fine Art Giclee ~ hand signed by Artist
|$350 + tax||$150 + tax|
Fine Art Photo
|$150 +tax||$150 + tax|
Selected works of art are now available on several products via RedBubble: ShawnaLee W Kwashnak !
Caricature sketches ~ at your event:
Have your guests sketched during your event as artists have done for centuries! Your guests rotate every 3-15 minutes depending on your needs and each receives a caricature sketch with a complimentary mat in a plastic sleeve. A Great Experience, a conversation piece, and a take home gift from you!
ShawnaLee can sketch approximately up to 30-40 guests in a 3 to 3 1/2 hour time.
Please email ShawnaLee for current rates and more information regarding bookings.
ShawnaLee Kwashnak 59 Bioski Rd., Middlebury CT 06762
email@example.com 203 598-0065