Awards, Exhibitions & Publications
Thank you for visiting this page!
For the Love of Cats: Whiskers Pet Rescue; two month show. TBA
Terryville Public Library: “Moments Unlost” Solo Art Show; February 2022
Oxford Public Library: Winter Traditions. Shows through March 2022.
Brookfield Craft Center: Selected works remain in the gallery.
Oxford Public Library: Winter Traditions. Shows through March 2022.
- Woodbury Arts Alliance ~ show at the Woodbury Public Library Dec. 2021
- Richter Association for the Arts 42nd Juried Art Show. Grand Master Cheezic in Charcoal. October 2021. My daughter, Sarah, won first place in the student division for her photograph of “Morning Light”!
- Oxford Public Library c/o OCAC “Art Heals” selected works: MRA Soccer, John Bunker & Quinnipiac Orientation.
- Pets International smart online group exhibition: Pets – 2021. The exhibition opens officially on September 30, 2021, and will continue until October 30, 2021.
- Classic and Contemporary Portraits ~ 105 Broad Street Stamford CT through CSOPA
- Brookfield Public Library “As we were” October 2021 in person & virtual; Portrait of Pat from Monro selected to represent the show.
- Waterbury Art Crawl; Portrait of Eric Marsden; Demonstrating 9/25 11-1pm @St. Johns Parish House – 16 Church St, Waterbury, CT 06702
- Bethlehem Fair: Realism Art Awards: Happy Cat Sleeping in Oils 1st place; View of Sleepy Giant from QU Charcoal/Soft Pastel 1st place; Grand Master Cheezic Charcoals 2nd place.
- Brookfield Craft Center: US ALL juried exhibition June/July 2021. Selected works remain in the gallery after the show.
- June: The Roxbury Congregational Church’s Art at the Meeting House with Simply Smiles: The barn at Hidden Acres & Eric Marsden: Smiling through time
- The Stanley L. Richter Association for the Arts 2021Members Art Show & Sale; Virtual. Merit Award for “Anna, Age 2; A Mother’s Love”
- Great Hollow Virtual Juried Art Show 2021
- Demonstration of Pet Portraiture through SCAN May 12th.
- Fresh Ink Publication 2021 ~ 5 works selected: Amy, Joe Dinova, Dr. Bauer with Ebony; Patience Miller; Happy Cat Demo.
- Artistic Celebration of Motherhood with CSOPA & SAA. May 2021; Charcoal Portraits of Sarah, Thomas & Anna; Taffy & Pumpkin, Pricey. Virtual Art Show & Reception. ShawnaLee presented the artists for CSOPA during the virtual reception.
- MCC Publication ~ Front cover & Illustrations for Apple Harvest.
- Post Pandemic Art Show at the WAA “Creative Connections” Feb. 20th-March 28th 2021; Charcoal Portrait of “Pat from Monro in Naugatuck” published in Republican American Newspaper March 9th 2021.
- Pandemic Portraits of Brody, Joe Dinova, Charmin, Patience Miller, Pat and my Pandemic Portraiture Art Class Student portraits are now a part of the permanent collection of the Gunn Historical Museum.
- Pandemic Hero Portrait of Joe Dinova on display at Middlebury Historical Society August 17th through Mid September.
- The Ridgefield Suffrage Project at Keeler Tavern Museum Ridgefield. Ridgefield Press article. Greenwich Time Article.
- Faculty Art Show Brookfield Craft Center
- sneak peak into interview for Lauren’s Crazy Pet Show: The link to the episode that aired July 5th 2020 on MYTV9Connecticut
- The Gallery at Still River Editions gallery and online show “Wish You Were Here” June 13th through the September 25th, 2020.
- Recipient of a FY20 CT Artist Respond grant awarded by DECD/CT Office of the Arts. Pandemic Portraiture Art Lessons and Virtual Art Show. See Facebook Album of progress
- Featured artist in Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s Fine Art Fridays virtual artist exhibition Friday May 29th 2020. Direct link
- Richter Association for the Arts Members Show. Online Covid-19.
- COVID-19 Members Exhibition & Sale Washington Association for the Arts
- Published in 2020 Perspective publication of WCSU Kathwari Honors Program. Pages 3,4,7,8,9,11 &13.
- Participating artist in the Connecticut Society Portrait Artists Portraits of Heroes 2020 Faces of Pandemic Frontlines Recognition exhibit. You tube reception discussing Joe’s Portrait @ 9:50
- Washington Artist’s Association Member’s Show. View “Is this Sarah James Eddy?” who was A suffragist-artist-early photographer-animal rights educational author.
- SCAN Color in Winter Art Show and Sale: View Halflinger with Blue ribbon and leather; MRA evening Lake & Sunset paintings.
- Permanent installation for The Ridgefield Suffrage Portrait Project in Ridgefield CT town hall in celebration of the Centennial. Portrait Subject is Amy Escribano, secretary to the First Selectman.
- September/October Ad in Connecticut Dog
- Radio Interview 9/21/19 @ 1:20pm WATR http://www.watr.com/
- Bethlehem Fair. First Place Realism Art Award for “Lost too soon, Eric Sebastian Marsden” in Charcoal. 2nd place for “Charcoal Coffee”
- Bridgewater fair art show.
- June: Studied Master Portraiture with Grace Mehan DeVito through CSOPA.
- Downtown Stamford ArtWalk with CSOPA
- July Family Feature in Middlebury Neighbors Magazine
- May/June~ Connecticut Dog Magazine Ad
- Summer ~Featured Artist in Northeast Equestrian Life Magazine;
- May ~ Richter Association for the Arts Award of Excellence for “In loving memory of “Evan Davidson” Charcoal. Danbury CT.
- May ~ Newtown Savings Bank Award for “Is this Sarah James Eddy?” SCAN’s 49th Juried Art Show & Sale Newtown CT
- April ~ “Sharing the Gift”, “Charcoals and Hot Coffee” and “Dog Looking Over the Water” have been accepted for publication in the 2019 anniversary edition of Naugatuck Valley Community College’s literary journal, Fresh Ink.
- March/April ~ Quarter page ad in Connecticut Dog’s Spring Issue.
- March ~ Art Lessons & events listed for Spring in Arts and Culture Collaborative Waterbury Region
- January ~ Washington Artist’s Association Members Show “In loving memory of Eric Sebastian Marsden”
- January ~ One person show: Pet Portraits and Horses at the Charlotte Hungerford Hospital.
- January ~ Susan Wakeen Fine Art Award from the Connecticut Society of Portrait Artists for “Is this Sarah James Eddy?” & “Hope’s Vision – Evan Elliot” Classic Portraiture in a Digital Age at the Greenwich Arts Council. Published in a limited edition art show book.
- October – Honorable Mention for “Sophie – Dreaming of Home” Richter Association for the Arts Juried Members Show & Sale
- September~Bethlehem Fair: Second Place Award for “Sophie finding home” Oil; Third Place Award for “Miss Ginger” in Graphite; Honorable Mention for “Baby Callen” in Charcoal.
- May~Funky Stuff the Collective Group Art Show & sale. “Roxie, Aggie, Jessie, BonnieLass, & Pug”
- May ~ Watertown Art League Juried Art Show: “Sophie” & “Reaching for Carrots”
- May ~ Richter Association for the Arts Members Show WON award of Excellence for “Vaughan” in Charcoal
- April ~ Funky Stuff the Collective LLC, art show and sale.
- April ~ SCAN’s member’s show and spring sale
- February-March “Color in Winter” art show & sale. The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown CT
- November~Instructor’s show at Arts Escape in Southbury
- Connecticut Magazine’s Gift Guide ~ December 2017 ~ “Aggie” small Oil Painting ~
- October ~ Portrait Show at Terryville Public Library
- October ~ Richter Association for the Arts
- October Honorable Mention ~ Southbury Portrait Festival 2017 ~ Connecticut Society of Portrait Artists ~ “Gabriella” Charcoal on cream
- September First Place ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ “MRA afternoon with Striped clouds” ~ Vintage Soft Pastels
- August ~ Bridgewater Fair Art Show
- August~ en plein air demonstration at Pine Meadows benefit for Arts Escape
- June ~ Portraits on view at Roxbury Congregational church’s Art at the Meeting House
- June ~ Portraits on view @ SCAN’s art show
- May ~ Demonstration of an Acrylic painting OCAC
- Winner’s circle ~ Oxford Town Hall’s meeting room
- First Place Award ~ Miss Ginger in Graphite ~ OCAC FACE ~ Oxford CT
- May ~ Oxford Cultural Arts Commission Juried Art Show: FACE: Festival of Arts, Culture and Entertainment to be held at the Oxford Town Hall Meeting room.
- May ~ Watertown Art League Juried Art Show
- May ~ Richter Association for the Arts Members Show
- May/June ~Front Cover Illustration for Connecticut Horse Magazine
- May ~ Brookfield Town Hall~ Capturing moments ~ a collection of portraits of adults and children.
- April 27 ~ Promotional Invitational Event at JCREW and CREWCUTS of New Canaan CT.
- April ~ Brookfield Town Hall ~ Capturing moments ~ a collection of portraits of adults and children.
- April ~ Plainville Public Library ~ a different collection of Pet Portraits than the show held in February.
- April/May ~ illustrations in Massachusetts Horse Magazine pages 7,8,9,10 and my ad on page 55.
- March/April ~ illustration in Connecticut Horse Magazine page 24
- February ~ Plainville Public Library ~ A collection of Pet Portraits
- February ~ Terryville Public Library ~ Tender Moments, a collection of cats, dogs and horses; Grapevine Baskets are in the display case.
- January ~ Cheshire Public Library ~ Pet Portraits on view. Demonstration during reception.
- January Issue Connecticut Horse Magazine ~ page 32 & 45; feature of Charcoal drawing of Esther Woll Fiddes Morgan gelding, Pokey Connecticut Horse Magazine
- December ~ Howard Whittemore Memorial Library ~ Naugatuck CT ~ Family Treasures Portraiture
- Connecticut Magazine’s Gift Guide ~ December 2016 ~ Furry Friends: Charcoal Pet Portraits
- Honorable Mention ~ Richter Association for the Arts ~ Charcoal “Nancy’s Mom with Baby Jonathan”
- Professional Division BEST of SHOW realism art ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ Oil painting: “Heading Out” (Nancy’s Mom, Amelia Koziol – married name Amelia Dzija)
- First Place ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ Vintage Soft Pastel: “The Flag at the Middlebury Recreation Area”
- Second Place ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ Charcoal: “Gunther Family Treasures”
- Winner’s circle ~ Oxford Town Hall’s meeting room
- Kitty Princess Tortellini Memorial Award ~Oxford Cultural Arts Commission Oxford CT ~ Oil: “Aggie”
- People’s Choice Award ~Funky Stuff the Collective~ Oakville CT~ Oil: “Concho”
- April 6, 2016 Portrait Winner Voices The Gallery pg 67
- February 23, 2016 The Nutmeg Collective Shop Spotlight on Portraits by ShawnaLee
- February 6, 2016 Guest on Pound Posse Presents CT TV Comcast channel 13; Frontier channel 99. Pound Posse Presents Portraits by ShawnaLee
- Second place ~ Richter Association of the Arts~ Charcoal “Gabriella”
- Blessing at St Georges Episcopal Church~ Middlebury CT
- One Person Show ~ Oxford Town Hall ~ Oxford CT
- Hidden Acres Night of Caring Demonstrator~ Mattatuck Museum ~ Waterbury CT
- One Person Show ~ Beacon Falls Public Library ~ Beacon Falls CT
- The Artists Path Gallery~ Litchfield CT
- Childhood Portraits Our Children Our Future~ CSOPA ~ Lockwood Mathew Mansion Museum ~ Norwalk CT
- Watertown Art League Juried art show ~ Middlebury Public Library~ Middlebury CT
- Connecticut Draft Horse Rescue Juried Art Show ~ Deep River CT
- Art at the meeting house ~ Roxbury Congregational Church~ Roxbury CT
- Kitty Princess Tortellini Memorial Award~ Oxford Cultural Arts Commission~ Pen & Ink “Bootsie washing Frost”
- Second Place ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ Bethlehem CT ~ Charcoal “Anna age 9”
- First Place ~ Bethlehem fair ~ Bethlehem CT~ Oil painting “Luna – Irish jack russell”
- One Person show ~ Howard Whitemore Library ~ Naugatuck CT
- CSOPA Faces of Winter ~ Stamford UConn Center ~ Stamford CT
- One Person Show ~Middlebury Public Library ~ Middlebury CT
- One Person Show ~ Watermark at East Hill ~ Southbury CT
- CSOPA Match & Greet ~ Stepping Stones Museum ~ Norwalk Ct
- Richter Association Juried Art Show~ Danbury CT
- CSOPA Showcase ~ Nathaniel Witherell~ Greenwich CT
- One Person Show ~Bethel Public Library
- Merit Award~ Richter Association for the arts ~ Danbury CT ~ Pencils “Richter Stone Corner”
- OCAC Kitty Princess Tortellini Memorial Award ~ Oxford CT ~ Charcoal “Happy & Jumper peering out of a window”
- First Place ~ Watertown Art League ~ Watertown CT ~ Charcoal “Happy & Jumper peering out of a window”
- One person show ~ Oxford Commission for the Arts ~ Oxford CT
- Demonstration at Watertown Art League~ Watertown CT
- CSOPA members Showcase ~ Oxford commission for the arts ~ Oxford CT
- News Channel 12 Pet Talk with Lauren Collier on 7/5/2013 at 16:15 – just after Animal Embassy on her fourth of July week’s segment. Did Demo drawing on set.
- 3rd place ~Bethlehem Fair ~ Bethlehem CT~ Oil Painting “Babu”
- Honorable mention ~ Bethlehem fair~ Bethlehem CT~ pencil “Chloe”
- Richter Association for the Arts members show~ Danbury CT
- Naugatuck Historical Society 4th annual celebration of the arts~ Naugatuck CT
- Honorable mention ~ Richter Association of the Arts~ Charcoal “Happy & Jumper peering out of a window”
- DAWS Greeting Room Mural boasting 21-22 pets.
- 3rd place Bethlehem Fair Charcoal “Sarah”
- Honorable mention ~Richter Association of the Arts~ Danbury CT~ Pen & Ink “Gunner looking right”
- 3rd place ~ Bethlehem Fair ~ Bethlehem CT ~ colored pencil “Head and Heart”
- 1st place ~Bethlehem Fair~ Bethlehem CT~ Pen& Ink “Gunner looking at you”
- Two person show with Nancy Cassidy ~ Middlebury Public Library~ Middlebury CT
- Honorable mention ~ Richter Association for the Arts ~ Danbury CT~ Oil of “Meistro”
- “Ridgefield, Now we’re Talking” TV interview
- 3rd place ~Nevada County Fair Draft Horse Classic Art at the Classic ~ California ~ colored pencil “Head and Heart”
- 3rd place ~The Draft Horse Classic Art at the Classic ~ California~ Oil painting of “Champ”
Prior to 1998 and other art shows include:
Boehringer Ingleheim~ Danbury CT
Danbury Public Library – group show~ Danbury CT
Rotary club ~ Southbury Public Library~ Southbury CT
One Person show at Watermark at East hill ~ Southbury CT
Ridgefield Guild of Artists ~ Ridgefield CT
Western Connecticut State University
Sidewalk Sales in Ridgefield – published by Fran in the Acorn Press
Published in Acorn Press for illustrations
1982 Bulletin board solo art show at BES; art room hallway tile.
Fran’s corner ~ Hersam Acorn Press ~ Ridgefield CT. article on art.
Arts & Activities, Taproot Journal, WCSU Alumni Booklet, Equine Vision, Horseman’s Yankee Pedlar, The Equine Image, Massachusetts Horse and Connecticut Horse Magazines, Northeast Equestrian Life Magazine, Connecticut Dog magazine, FreshInk of Naugatuck Valley Community College, in addition to local Ct news & social media sites.
ShawnaLee has participated in live sketch demonstrations for Whiskers Pet Rescue, Pet Protectors, Inc, Watertown Art League and on News Channel 12’s Pet Talk program (7/7/13) & Pound Posse Presents.